Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mom



Ever since I was a little girl and started to think about what I wanted to be when I grew up- a mom was the only thing. Others dreamed of glamming the red carpet, flying to the moon, or saving lives as a Dr., not I. I wanted to grow up and be a momma. I wanted a huge house and was going to have lots of sweet babies to fill it up with. I wanted the mini van and sticky peanut butter kiddos. I am so grateful I have been blessed to have the career I always dreamed of. Is it the perfect "play house" scenario we dream of as children, no. I don't have a huge home, I have a small little nest that is full of beautiful little children that I hope will one day fly after the dreams of their hearts. I will never be wealthy, but I am the richest lady in the world with my little blessings. I love this chapter of life with a minivan full of littles ,goldfish crackers crumbs , french fries, and discarded socks.Mount Washmore is always waiting each day for me to climb and conquer.  I am thankful for littles who want one more storybook, one more drink of water, and one more hug/kiss  at the end of a tiring day.  Thankful for 6 littles who chose to come to our home and call me Mom.
Mothers Day is always a bittersweet day. I miss my own sweet momma beyond measure. I miss her the most on Mothers Day, she was truly an incredible mother, friend, and example of the purest and most giving heart. But I love to lay in bed listening to the littles and daddy bang pots and pans around in the kitchen as they prepare breakfast on Mother's Day. (Paisley thought I was quite naughty for eating in bed). I love the homemade gifts from my sweet children. I love to read their reflections and assesments. I love reading that I am only 19 years old and that if I could go anywhere in the entire world I would go to the grocery store to buy dinner. I love being a mom it is the most gladdening career.

1 comment:

  1. Me, too, Katie. Me, too. We have the best job and I think it is even better because we KNOW it!

    ReplyDelete